RE: Preserving CV boots

You're thinking of siliconE spray.  Not to be confused with silicon_, from
which semiconductors are made.  Silicone is a decent lubricant, and I've
used it in the past to keep door seals from freezing the door shut on cars.
I can't say, though, whether it's good for rubber or not.

When I was in high school, a guy had the gel capsule break in a pair of
Asics shoes.  He saved the gel and put about two drops by a water fountain.
Within about two hours, the entire hallway was like a sheet of ice.

Aaron
'87 528e
'82 Scirocco
'70 Beetle