clutch question

Hey there, just checking before the fact, the stock clutch should be adequate
for my car? I think the one that's in it was oil soaked, and is slipping to
the point where my TDI has more get up and go ( and my fuel economy sucks!!!)
I am thinking the cable (self adjusting) is okay because there is about an
inch of free play on the pedal, or is this possibly still a problem? The
clutch worked fine prior to the dreaded oil overfill, then slipped after that,
so the rear main seal is the suspected culprit...
Anyway, the car has a 2L with the 1.8 head,  Euro intake cam and  50mm
manifold/TT exhaust, so it's making more power than stock but not rediculously
so. So the stock 2L version clutch should be fine? This is what I have been
told, just wanting to make sure. The clutch will be beat at the drag strip,
but not wanting to waste money on anything heavier than needed, and not really
wanting to wait for the sport version from Techtonics if stock will do fine.
And what are opinions on lighter flywheels? Any drawbacks, like stalling too
easy? (you know, while you're there...)
Cathy, with a lot less at the wheels than the flywheel...