Re: Speakers

--- Jim Jarrett <jarrett@rpa.net> wrote:
> At 3:12 PM -0600 7/10/01, Night Shadow wrote:
> >What about replacement speakers for the door pocket
> ones on Mk1s??  Any
> >good choices out there?
> >
> >Eric
> >

> Eric,
>
> If you can get your hands on some plain A1 (no
> pocket) panels, your
> choices get much easier.
>
> I got a set of '80 Rabbit panels that fit perfectly
> in my '81
> convertible (dunno if Cabriolet panels will fit in a
> Mk 1 - you've
> got 'em, try 'em!!!).
>
> I was then able to install components without having
> to worry about
> fitment inside the teeny little pockets.

Rabbit/A1 Golf panels won't fit.

Only late MK1 Sciroccos had the map pockets (our 1978
Scirocco don't got 'em).

But I think the factory speaker mounts on the MK1
Sciroccos so equiped will accomadate 4X6 euro spec
(DIN) speakers . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
For Sale: Various VW 13" Steel Wheels - free - you haul.
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)