Re: Speakers

Night Shadow wrote:

> What about replacement speakers for the door pocket ones on Mk1s??  Any
> good choices out there?
>
> Eric
>
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Daniel Brideau wrote:
>
> > I put Blaupunkt 4X6 in mine.

Same, same (to quote the Grand & Fabulous Meze!)

I am a Mk1 kinda guy- you knooooow I'm gonna be talking from there as a base.

Now, that said, what we haven't mentioned yet are plate speakers- those
that aren't oblong or oval but contain a circular  4" driver and a
separately located tweeter. (This is in contrast to a co-ax speaker with
the tweeter on axis (in the middle of) the driver.)

Fits in the same 4x6 space but is said to reproduce a better quality of sound.

I haven't yet played with any but it stands to reason a circle would be
better than an oval.

TBerk