dont do this to your roc. (pics)

http://www.calpoly.edu/~jdoty/axle1.jpg
http://www.calpoly.edu/~jdoty/axle2.jpg
http://www.calpoly.edu/~jdoty/axle3.jpg
http://www.calpoly.edu/~jdoty/axle4.jpg
http://www.calpoly.edu/~jdoty/axle5.jpg
http://www.calpoly.edu/~jdoty/axle6.jpg

lift-throttle oversteer is fun...but driving without a front swaybar is bad.
  smacked a lip coming off a 10 degree banked offramp at 10pm friday night.
It was deserted, so I wasnt risking hitting anyone else.
I had to leave it sitting at the home depot parking lot 8 mi away from home.

wheel is scrap.  tweaked the whole left side of the axle, you can see how
the triangle-shaped part of the axle is bent upwards.  I hope I didnt tweak
the unibody.

got up early saturday morning, rented a flatbed trailer, loaded it up and
brought it home.  rushed to the junkyard, got there 1:30 (half hour before
they close), pulled an axle from an early 80s 8v.  just cut the brake lines
and hacksawed the ebrake cables.  got it for $100.  threw it all on same day
and the car is back on the road.

Joe
slowing down for a while