Ignition coil

Hi All,
I'm in the market for a new ignition coil.  Let me give some background:
Around 6000 rpm my 1.8 runs out of steam when on nitrous.  Without nitrous,
it easily revs to and beyond redline.  When I asked N.O.S. (Holley) about
this, they felt is was a weak spark and suggested changing various parts of
the ignition system.  I had recently changed the plugs(the problem was there
before and after the plug change) and I have an aftermarket breakerless
ignition and silver/copper (zero resistance) plug wires.  And the fact that I
have no problems w/o nitrous, leads me to believe N.O.S. is correct in there
diagnosis.
I want a coil that will be a direct fit for the stock coil.  So should I go
stock (after all it has lasted me 23 years) or can someone suggest another.
Summit has a variety of "stock" fitting units, but do I spend $15 or $50?
TIA.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner