Re: Overheating !

--- Dan Kraus <dirtbike@warwick.net> wrote:
> At normal driving my gauge reads 100C to just over 105C.
> As soon as I hit a
> little bit of traffic say 5 mins, the gauge starts to
> read 120C-125C. The
> coolant gauge reads a little better than 3/4. Everything
> cools down as soon
> as I start moving.
>
> This is normal?

Perfectly normal for a stock 16v.

There's a red-line on your oil temp gauge close to 150 C -
when you hit that, *then* you're running too hot.  :)
(That and / or when you're coolant light LED starts
flashing with the needle at the top of the gauge)

I'm a believer in keeping things fairly close to that 100 C
temp, preferably *just* over it - go ahead and put a lower
temp fan switch in & you'll be totally set.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
7 VWs & counting.
"I do have a cause though...  it is obscenity.  I'm for it" - Tom Lehrer.