MK1 80S evaluation questions.

Ok folks.
I just went and looked at a 1980S
you can see it at
<http://www.prism.gatech.edu/brianm_gt0954a>
it is the white mk1 labeled 16v.

The price is $1500.00 (wont budge wants new 6spd tranny for Harley)
80S 8v. (NO TITLE -- will be looking to get a replacement)
im trying to decide if i actually want this car.
All about the car.
Runs, drives, stops.
Compared to my 16v its about 60-70% of the power (with the A/C running)

Car description.
Body
Has _rust_ starting to form in the following areas.
- both doors around the locks, and door edges.
- there is a paint bubble on the front right fender about the size of a
dime.
- rear hatch around the lower left edge of the widow seal.
- one tiny dent on pass door (easy fix) size of a marble.

Sunroof: Tilt and pullout
Zender front grill
Zender Rear wing
aftermarket fogs. -- brightest lights on car.
1 cracked high beam still works all lights are dim.. big surprise.
S front spoiler intact no real cracks just the paint.
single wiper front none rear

Suspension
Adjustables on the front. PO says there are koni reds on it. but he
thought they were on the back.
aftermarket springs car lowered slightly.
sway bar in the front about 10-15mm dia
Nuespeed upper brace.
didnt crawl under the rear.
Rear 16v disk brakes pbrake works but handle is broken
mastercyln replaced w/ rebuild. didnt see the p-valves
rear bearings are loose.
Teardrops in good shape.

Interior.
Rear deck very faded with 6x9's cut in it
mk2 black dash crackfree
MFA 140mph cluster (MFA not hooked up)
   (shows 200K PO states he has put 60-80k on it)
mk2 seats good but soft (black w/ gray). slight cracks in drivers bolster.
carpet soggy. (sunroof seal is the wrong one)
ants have taken up residence.
very tinted windows.
stereo. (cassette AM/FM pioneer)
black leather door panels.
dual mirrors inside adjustable
A/C works.. this is the ONLY reason I am still considering this car.

Engine /Tranny.
PO claims timiming belt 40k ago belt looks ok top cover.. missing
a tiny loose but ok.
PO claims cam unable to verify. he didnt know what kind
Header. 2:1 about 1/2 way back down the car.
rebuilt alt. comes with extra broken one
rebuilt starter. comes with an extra good one
new big ass battery.
positive cables redone.
clutch cable new but routed wrong. (hard to push)
car starts and drives, but I didnt hear the fuel pump? why?
has audi T-body on it -- just the butterfly valve portion.
shifter very sloppy, but gears engage positively. (needs bushing kit)
throttle response is acceptable, but slow compared to my sluggish 16v.

Im not sure I want this car. There is no room for barganing. it is
$1500.00 I offered him cash $1250 no joy.The best thing about this car is
that it has A/C that works. This is ONLY reason that I am still
entertaining the car. Dont know if the engine and tranny are out of the 87
8v. I think that If i bought this car it would be a temp car for me while
I fix my 16v.

brian
87 16v. see next message for update.
85 Cabby -- for sale $1200 waiting on title.
81S parts donor.
91VFR750F -- needs volt reg.