Strange VW's

Hey Everyone, Has anyone noticed the strange VW models
that they offer in South Africa?  I was visiting there
around 2 years ago, and they make new Rabbit A1 cars
there.  I rented one and it had a carburetted 1.6
motor in it!  I was surprised that I had to pull a
manual choke knob in a brand new car.  They call the
Rabbit 'CitiGolf.'  They also still make the Rabbit
pickup (Caddy) there!  I was looking at the VW South
Africa webpage today, and they have a new Golf Estate
Car there.  Just an interesting thing that I thought
I'd pass on to people.  I don't know if they sold
Sciroccos there, or not.  I have an ex-girlfriend who
lives there, and she knows I drive a Scirocco.  She
likes my car, but she's not too knowlegeable with car
models.

Chris Jung
'83 Scirocco GT Wolfsburg
'81 Kawasaki KZ 550