Re: Potential Large Problem? (Long)

I had the crank keyway break on me in my G60 motor.
It had been held together by rust till I spun on the
track, then I noticed the crank pulley hopping all
around.  Boy was I ever bummed!

Ended up replacing the crank and the pulley.  The
crank is surprisingly cheap from the dealer.  So cheap
in fact that it wasn't worth picking up a good used
crank.  The cost would've been equal after you cleaned
out all the oil galleys in the used one...

I'd go ahead and replace the crank.  Might as well
balance the pistons and rods and rering the pistons
too...

-josh

--- Dan Bubb <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> I agree with Chris. Any slop in the keyway in the
> crank will cause a
> never ending problem. You'll have to replace the
> crank or have your
> current one welded and remachined. Had this same
> problem in my 79
> Scirocco and I ended up replacing the crank.
> Dan

=====
Josh Wyte
Momentum Motorsports