Re: Potential Large Problem? (Long)

I had that problem with a motorcycle that I had at one
time.  I changed the woodruff key, pulley , and used
lots of loctite in the keyway; and it would cotinue to
chew up the woodruff key.  I had to tear the
motor/trans completely down and change the crank.
There was too much clearance in the keyway of the
crank from the first time that the pulley slipped for
whatever reason.  So, unfortunately, that sounds bad.

Chris Jung
'83 Scirocco GT Wolfsburg
'81 Kawasaki KZ550