RE: Resurrecting a Rocco Was: RE: I got to drive my very first Rocco today (...

 When I got a new fuel pump for my old Scirocco a couple years ago, it was
 packed in Kerosene.
 I assume this was to preserve the internals of the fuel pump.
 I installed it and when I found out it wasn't the pump that was at fault I
 pulled it back of and put my old one back on. (don't ask..)
 I then went down to the hardware store, bought some kerosene, hotwired the
 pump to flush the kerosene through it and put it back in the box.
 Still have it and I'd be willing to bet it still works perfectly.

 Is Kerosene flamable enough to put a little in the tank when it's near
 empty.
 Then when you pull her out of storage, fill up the tank with gas and start
 her up.

 Have I totally lost my mind or would this work?
 Randy