From: "Dave Novak" <toastworks@hotmail.com>
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: my new rocco and parts needed
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 04:33:47

Hey list!

I've bought a Scirocco finally! It's a white '84 (10-83 = '84, right?)

I still haven't heard a peep out of Julie as to how my old '81 is doing..

It's got 185k and was hit in rear right quarter, but is very driaveble.
Whatever.. it isn't pretty, but it works for me.

>From what I've gathered, this car has the 1.8l, dual wipers, and full-size
spare. Typical '83, early '84 model, right?

Question #1 (ahh feels so good to ask questions on this list again!):
It's white. Does this mean Alpine white? If so, what's my best bet for paint
matching? Like would I go for Toyota white, or Ford white or whatever?

#2: It needs an alignment badly. Should I attempt this myself? I've done
front end work, but I'm not sure I have the tools to accomplishment. Right
now the steering wheel is about 2 o'clock from where it should be, and it
tracks slightly left if you let go of the wheel while driving. Should I just
drop the $40-50 and have it done at the local garage?

#3: Anyone got a Bentley they wanna sell me? Pleeeeease?

I also need a set of front seat belts (PO mysteriously cut them..?) and the
fan switch for heater controls (car has AC).

All in all, it's great to own a Scirocco once again. Especially compared to
pouring my life savings into the gas tank of an Isuzu Trooper. Damn gas
guzzling V6.

Hey! Anyone wanna buy a gas guzzling Isuzu Trooper?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=592884556&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=994628123&indexURL=0&rd=1

It's a great truck, but I can't afford the car payments I'm making. Which is
exactly why I bought this here Scirocco. Lovely, ain't it?

If I were to go to the local yard, would A2 seatbelts work (providing
they're not height-adjustable)?

-Dave
'84 Scirocco
'89 Isuzu Trooper V6 (buy me, please)
(Past Roccos: '81 16v, '80, '81, '82, '82 GL)