Re: drying out car after rain

Pull the seats, carpeting and insulation and dry them inside your house
(hang them up somewhere warm). Then soak up all the water in the floorpan
with towels and dry the interior as best you can. Buy some dessicant
(water-absorbing) drying salts (usually you can get these at an auto
parts store) and a little holder for them and put them in your car for a
few days. They will suck the evaporated water out of the air and
effectively dry your car out. This is the same stuff they put in the
little sugar packets that say "do not eat" when you buy a new pair of
shoes or a fancy camera.

I had to deal with this problem when my windshield seal was leaking and
dumped gallons upon gallons of water in to my car. It sucks, but you can
get it all cleaned up and back to new later, but only if you act NOW
(before it starts to mildew). Even after everything was dry my car had a
"damp" smell to it for about 2 weeks but that went away completely over
time.

HTH,

-Toby

--