tranny question

Some of you may remember my mail about 3 moths ago when I had pulled the
shift fork rod out of my tranny and was wondering whether or not I could get
it back together without cracking the tranny. Well, long story short, it is
over 3 months later and I haven't touched it. I don't really want to do it
myself and I haven't had any money to pay someone else to reassemble it.
Well, a fellow lister recently offered to reassemble it for me for $75,
which sounds reasonable. But, here is the catch, I would also need a gasket
set that runs around $50. My question is this, is it worth putting back
together? This tranny (an FF, I think, 5 sp from a '80 mk1) has over 200K on
it. Is it worth $125 to put it back together (still not rebuilt)? Should I
have it rebuilt? About how much does a low mileage close ratio tranny go
for?
Thanks for any help you can offer,
Todd