Re: foam in the rockers...

One mechanic I was chatting with mentioned that he had seen this done to a
couple of cars.  The foam trapped water in the rockers and the whole panel
rusted out to the point that he couldn't figure out how to get the car on a
jack.  So make sure your rockers are rust proof before they are stiffened.
About 4 cans of urethane foam from Home Depot might be enough to do it.
Don't use the latex foam stuff - it's crap.  There are two part pourable
foams out there, but I don't know where to get them off hand.

Sincerely;

Brian Haygood