RE: Add on last post Corrado Perception. please read.

Shawn,
Don't forget we live in CA, where Mk1 Scirocco's, Alfa GTV's, Mini Coopers,
are seen on a regular basis.
Hell, I've seen 2 different Lamborghini Countach's in the last month.
Here our cars are fairly common and don't usually get the same "Cool, what
kind of car is that?" like probably happens in small towns, or the more
saline rich areas of the world.
I do catch people looking at my Scirocco as I go buy, but usually other VW
owners and not very often.
I agree though that if you like the looks of a car, enjoy driving it, and
are willing to take on the maint. (if its older), go for it whether it be an
AMC Pacer or a Ferrari GTO.

Randy B
81 (Mars) Scirocco S - Techtonics Tuning 1847cc 8V
81 (Cosmos) Scirocco S - future Oettinger 16V project
87 Jetta GLI 16V - daily driver