Re: Add on last post Corrado Perception. please read.

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:41:40 -0600 (CST) "Blake P. Pelzer"
<bppelzer@midway.uchicago.edu> writes:

>I love my car, but my second hand understanding is that the Corrado
>vr6 is
>a pretty great car. I gawk at them every time. Plus it has that mk1
>feel
>to the look of it IMHO. The only downside I know of is the shifter,
>which
>people seem to either love or hate. I have some old reviews of it if
>you
>want one (Car Magazine, Autoweek long term).
>
>Blake
>87 16v

I had always wanted a VR6 Corrado. That was until I drove a plethora of
fixed up and stock VW's on a racetrack a couple weeks ago.
Yes, the VR6 makes good power in stock form and in with a few mods. The
only problem was the VR6 adds so much extra weight that its almost not
worth doing. I also just LOVE the sound of a built VR6 makes. {squirt!}

See, my plan was to do something wicked for the street with my 82. The
engine and tranny that live in there now will be going into my 79
Scirocco for FSP duty. I will need a transplant of something totally fun
for the street. I seriously considered the VR6. (Yes, alot of fabricating
would be needed to make it fit and reliable but that was in the plans.)

I liked the numbers the VR6 was capable of giving but after having driven
a few, I changed my mind. The car that I had the most fun in was of all
damn things, a 2001 Passat 1.8T WAGON!!! With only a chip and exhaust
mods were all it needed to easily WALK away from a GTi VR6 with a
supercharger on it.

So, to get back to the original question, they're fine cars. Like the
16V, expensive to fix only more so. Also consider that insurance costs
more for a VR6 car too.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette "SS"
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!