RE: Stripped out engine mount stud..repairing

No need to go larger - welding doesn't make it any stronger.  In fact, if
you go larger, you'll have to make the slot in the mounting bracket wider to
accommodate it, which would be a real PITA unless you have a Bridgeport mill
or something.

It's an M12, IIRC.  Be sure to get grade 10.9, or you may be replacing the
bolt again soon, and when it lets go, it could take out the rear stud.
Also, make sure you have at least 2 threads protruding through the nut.

Have fun!

Aaron
'82 Scirocco
'70 Beetle