Re: Stripped out engine mount stud..repairing

In a message dated 1/17/2001 4:08:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
aaron@makuta.com writes:

<< If you go the drill-and-bolt route, LMK how it goes.  You'll probably get
 around to it before I do. >>

Well, I have the car up on the stands and have removed the rear transaxle
mount. Here is what I know sofar.  The mount itself is fine so I will not be
replacing it, it is still nice and hard and shows no signs of wear.  The rear
mounting stud is fine so I don't have to worry about that one, I am glad
because this one it seems you need to go inside the car to get it out (read
major bitch).  The stud closest to the front is definitely stripped out
causing the madd rotation of the engine which im sure has made my slight
downpipe leak a little bigger.  It does not seem like it will be bad at all
though because once it is drilled out you can go from the top of the plate
and just drop a new bolt in from underneath the car, (if that made any
sense).

 I am waiting for my brother to get home he is an electrician and he has good
drill bits and stuff, he might have a saw bit too to saw off the end of the
stud so I don't have to use a hack saw.  I am about to go to home depot to
get my nut and bolt, I just have to figure out what size to get. It seems
that I'll have to make a guess on it, hmmmmm being that it will not be welded
anymore I do want to go a little larger than what was there.

Brian 86 16v
<http://members.nbci.com/captnbr/captnbr>

<http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html>