Re: Overwattage bulbs.

Sheldon Lesire wrote:

> Okay, a couple questions.  What is the feasibilty of running highly overwatt
> bulbs in Euro lights?

   Sheldon, I have yet to hear of it being a problem on the Mk2 Euros.
I can't speak for those lenses specifically, but I have run Hella 80/100
in my 5.75" Hella H4s without a problem.  I even ran my lowbeams
simultaneously with my highbeams (180w in each lense) until a rock
nailed my light and whacked my bulb (now down to 55/100 til I get
brighter bulbs).  I am currently running 100w H1s with no problem, but
again, not the same lense... only the same manufacturer (assuming you
have Hella).

Like 130w H3 and 100/55w H4s (because the cops around
> here are STRICT, I'd better keep a stock low beam as best as I can....).

   With my 80 watt lows, I attracted no attention from the police.  I
just made sure my cut-off for the light wasnt coming into oncoming
traffic.  Perhaps the worst part for them would be when the road was wet
and they would get glare, but screw em.  Just like Bradley said, it
seems everyone and their grandma has brighter bulbs and being in lowered
car doesn't help much.

> And yes, they're already relayed (thanks, Shannon!) so spare me that
> schpiel.  Anyways, if the 130s don't make things too hot, and the 100/55s
> aren't just a crappy idea, where can I get a nice set of both?  TIA.

   I have gotten my lights through Virtual World but I am sure Adirondak
would treat you right as well.

  http://www.parts4vws.com

  http://www.germanautoparts.com

BTW, has anyone had experience with "whiter" bulbs besides the PIAA
"bend over and take it" bulbs.

 Andre'
 Lime Green 79
 ICQ #76283458