Another new toy...

Hey rocco owners I found my new (to me) car today. I get to pick it up on
wed.

Description
Very clean
White 1987 Scirocco II 16v
109k
80k on 2nd motor PO. says PO burned the origianl up racing it over heated.
??k on new tranny.
pictures
http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gt0954a/scirocco16v.html
up by this evening. making thumbnails and such...

Fresh paint.. last september still under warranty! going back for a little
work.
Euro lights
Euro bumpers
Fubu powered antenna.
Kenwood stereo... whoopie(sarcasm. at least I dont have to put it in.).10
   disc cd changer..
toki(spelling) shocks
springs..duh dunno.. H&R or Neuspeed maybe? gotta get the list exactly.
upper front sway bar
lower front sway bar
lower rear sway bar
cross drilled rotors all the way around.
dash completely uncracked.
power windows. -- all windows I might add are crack and pitting free. The
driver and passenger windows are factory tinted!
sunroof. (works smoothly needs cleaned oiled and new seal)
power mirrors (paint shop made em stop working.)
partial  TT exhaust. past Cat to TT tip. kinda big but oh well. ( a little
rice is ok i guess our do we call it sourkraut? ) :-)

Seats that are seen in the pictures are not the ones that are gonna stay
in it. Steering wheel same stock is returning to that i like it better
than that neuspeed thing. oh well no accounting for taste. :-)

Problem areas/advice requests

Seeking advice.
I have an offer for 2 front leather corrado heated seats(free to dye them
right and treat them about $75). do they fit well? The recaro's had me
crammed in the car pretty badly getting in and out was interesting. THe
question is am I better off trying to find stock  leather rocco seats or
are the corrado seats nicer and do they provide as much room?

Now on to the meat of the matter
problems with the car.
on the drivers side A-arm(what is the correct term?) the rear mounting
bolt is no longer there ie where the swaybar bolts into the suspension. I
couldnt see if it was a shear-off or it was just missing. He only had a
little k-mart jack and I wasnt crawling underneath w/o jack stands.
symptoms clunking noise when driving and hit bumps (prolly swaybar smacking the
bottom of the car.) front tire outside edge tread completely missing. PO
rotated the tires w/o fixing it. so now I have to get at least 2 new
tires. (Goodyear Eagle sometings on teardrops) Is there anything I need to
look out for for either easy outing the rest of the bolt or replacing it.

car seems very underpowered under 4.5k rpms drives very nice between
4.5K - 5.5K ok 3.0 - 4.5 Seems like all top end. Im looking at a full
factory spec tune-up new wires cap-rotor as required and prolly a new OXS
just cause.

Power window passenger side.
It moves slowly and rocks back and forth going up and down like it the
rails are not affixed properly.

Rear hatch seal I need a new one. where besides the "stealer-ship"

Wheee I am once again a rocco owner!!!!

Paint / 16v kit questions.
Upon inspection of the car I notice that the 16v kit adherence was
inconsistant. in some places the paint covered the gap. in some places the
gap was visible. What is the "correct VW" type. Was the body painted then
the kit stuck on so there is a definate attached look? or is there a
little bit of filler paint on the 16v seams. Cause it is under warranty
and I am going to get it fixed properly.

front cross member I know there is a special name for it but it escapes
me. The part of the front of the car where the lights attached to. THis is
a replaced part and the holes that the hood pins go into look like they
had bondo put around the holes though they are still very functional.
damn, figures i deleted the message about adjusting the hood latch
cable... oh well cant be that hard.

oh the best part! the price. 2,000.00 wheee. maybe i got taken but hey I
like it. and it looks SWEEEEEET! when is the cinci Get together if im not
it NYC i might just make it... :-0 in a rocco no less.

brian
working on getting the .jpg's up of the new rocco.
1987 scirocco 16v White. ( picking it up on wed)
1990 ford probe... damn now I need to sell this thing.
1991 Honda VFR750F with 2-bros race pipe and too many other mods to list..
Garaged.