Junkyard Find!

List,

In preporation for the '81 S that i will be trading for my '84 GLI this
spring, i went to the local wrecking yard today, went over to the only mk1
scirocco i have ever seen in a junkyard, and snatched the hood, the front
bumper, and the 2 piece cover that covers the gap between the the bumper and
the car.  Also the nobs for the heat controls, that seem to go only with the
mk1 scirocco's, and the rear badge "Scirocco Fuel Injection" just for kicks.
This was an '80, produced in 7 of 1980 if i can remember right.. it was like
a brittish racing green color with tan interior.  It was also the rustiest
car i have ever seen.  Rockers were gone, doors didnt shut caus i think it
was kinked in half.
When i was on my way out, lugging the hood and bumper, i noticed a new mk2
jetta there.  I stopped, and poped the hood, damn  its a 16v!  I didnt have
any money, but i did snag the idle control valve off it and stuffed it into
the impact of the bumper.  I payed $30 for it all!  The hood, from the
outside was pretty good looking.. it has 2 small updents, and one spot on
the front of the hood where rust is bubbling through from the back side.
Also, along all the edges of the support piece under the hood are covered in
rust.. but the only rot is in the front part.  The bumper is in pretty
decient shape, just has a silver stripe, not red.. but thats what stickers
and paint are for.  So did i get a good deal?

Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

SOON! '81 Scirocco S (cirrus gray metalic from colorado) SOON!!
'87 Scirocco 16v
'88 Jetta GLI 16v (New winter car)
'64 Sunroof Beetle (livin a new life)
'84 Jetta GLI<----------------------(For Sale) With Parts