From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Vee Dubb
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2001 4:20 AM
To: Scirocco-l
Subject: 16v Clutch Adjustment/Replacement

I couldn't get my car into gear this evening apparently because the clutch
wouldn't disengage when I pressed the pedal.  Can someone tell me how to
adjust the clutch cable?  It's my impression that you have to undo the
plastic joint in the cylindrical housing covering the cable to get to an
adjusting bolt.  How do you undo this joint?  I didn't feel that prying on
the little plastic tabs was too wise, but is that how it's done?

Other question is whether this just needs adjustment or if I need a new
cable?

Thanks for the help, folks.

Sincerely;
Brian Haygood