Re: Car wont start correctly!!

Ok I know this is a REALLY old message but I thought I would update.

My 88 16V. Replaced the ground cable. Problem solved

A customers 87 Jetta 16V. Replaced the ground cable. Problem solved.

Both were original cables with OE connectors throughout. Both looked fine
without and growths on them.

Hope this helps someone.

>>From: Accidi2000@aol.com
>
>>my car wont start on its own, i have to turn the car over then let the
>> >key
>>go before it even thinks about starting,
>
>Wow, so once the car is started, how do you get it back on it's wheels
>without damaging the doors or roof? And after you let the key go, does it
>ever get lost under the seat?  :-)
>
>But seriously, try the additional grounding thing. From Neg Battery to Coil
>Bracket, Neg Battery to Alternator housing, Fr. Alternator housing to Valve
>Cover Stud.
>

>Jonas
>85 Scirocco 2.0
>78 Scirocco 1.8