[non roc] Got My Jetta back from the shop!!!

After my dad sent my car to Sites Auto Service (he is the MAN, this guy is awesome, VW's only, low price, and he's just a great guy) which is where I have always taken my VW's, he has gone back to pick it up (I am at school right now).  Here is most of what was done to it (trying to remember)

CV Boot Kit
Timing Belt
Steering Column bearing/housing
some other misc stuff

to fix the clunking noise, it needed a new tranny (ouch) when he took it off to see if he could rebuild it, it turns out that a rivet or somthing came off and destroyed teeth on the ring and pinion gears (damn!!! OUCH). So, it was cheaper for him to replace the trans, which he also went over and installed the clips so it doesnt SMS itself

clutch was low, so that got replaced
Flywheel got lightened (and from what I hear, ITS LIGHT!!!)

Total Bill: $1200, its alot of peace and mind and some preventive maint.  I am glad its all done now, I Cant wait to pick it up next weekend.

BTW, that bill included labor, the flywheel lightening (which he sent out to Wagner VW in Grantville to get it done), and all the parts (trans too)

if you want to know more about Sites Auto, he is located in Central PA (Fontana, b/w Palmyra and Lebanon, on RT322) and his fon# is 717-867-1271

Pete

Pete Walsh
90 Jetta GLi 2.0 16v 109,000+ Miles
85 Golf (almost a GTi) 197,000+ miles
87 16v Rocco 262,000 miles (has found a good home)
http://www.pitt.edu/~pwalsh