RE: clutch difficulties

Do you have a self-adjusting cable?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Ryan McCarthy
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 3:33 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: clutch difficulties

OK, I'm having some very interesting problems with my clutch system on my
'82 rocco and I hope I can get some ideas from the accumulated wisdom on
this list. I say interesting because I have never heard of this problem
before. Sometimes (more often of late) after driving for a few minutes and
coming to a stop, say at a light, I push in the clutch pedal and apply the
brakes. OK, nothing unusual so far. However, my simple act of pushing the
clutch pedal isn't normally enough to convince the clutch to actually
release. Usually I pull it of gear and the clutch let's go. If I don't pull
it out of gear, it finally lets go at about 1200 rpm or so. It doesn't do
this every time I stop or press the clutch, but when it does it, it happens
exactly the same every time. Any ideas, comments, suggestions? I'm thinking
goobered splines, but I don't have slippage or any other problems with it.
Hmmmm....

RyanM