Re: Side Moldings

At 01:13 PM 1/23/01 -0500, Calawaymk2@aol.com wrote:
>I did this.  You need plastic putty knives and 3M adhesive remover.  You
>might damage your paint and if the car has been repainted,  there could be a
>masking tape lines around it.  So you could be looking at repainting your
>car.  It didnt matter to me, cause I was doing a total strip and paint job.
>And removing the adhesive is a nighmare.  I had to use a razor and it took
>two days.
>
>Steve Szuba
> <A
There seems to be different answers to this one, but I, personally, have
never had a problem removing the side moldings.  Usually I use a heat gun
and peel them VERY slowly.

John C. Worden
Wayne, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Back on the road-new Overdrive, welded transfer case and
other stuff
'86 Scirocco 8V- Soon to be for sale
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear