Re: Tech)- adjusting linkage

In a message dated 1/25/01 9:30:28 AM Pacific Standard Time, rept@qwest.net
writes:

last week I lost first and second gear to a loos
bolt/bad lock washer in the linkage. Once those were
replaced, I had my gears back but... i have to press
down (like to get Rev.) in order to get it in either
first or second.  I havnt been able to figure out how
to correct this - any ideas???????

Try adjusting the linkage =) There is a bolt underneath you can loosen and
then move the shifter, then retighten the bolt. For small adjustments, you
can adjsut the shifter itself. There are bolts at the base of the shifter and
the holes are oblonged. Just loosen them and move the shifter
slightly...retighten.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)