Re: Still headlights, defogger, etc. (was: Electrical Reconditioning)

Brad Sterling wrote:
> ...Looks
> like I get to run the continuity checks on the ignition switch again.  Has
> anyone had an ignition switch die?  Does it go slowly and intermittently or
> give up the ghost all at once?
>
> - Brad
> '86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
> '76 International Scout II

I found out one time that the cable junction was slipping down out of
contact with the switch assembly, all I had to do was plug it back in.
Hope it's something easy like this for you (doubt it). I have read folks
talking about Ign switches going south a little prematurely because of
the weight of a massive key chain wearing it down.

Hard to say what a P.O. might have done, and of course they will just
wear out in time any way. Hopefully later.

TBerk