RE: [Drivetrain] A2 GTI into Mk1 Suspension grafting

TBerk,

You can't put the A2 suspension into the A1 chassis, the fact that the A2
has a lower subframe with different suspension pickup points makes it
impossible.  The geometry of the a-arms to the knuckles to the strut is
different enough between the platforms that it doesnt work.

The Best you can do it to use the drive axels and tranny along with a set of
16v roc hubs, then use the GTI calipers and rotors.  The A2 brake booster
doesn't work without fabricating a mount between the pedal and the booster
clevis so once again your stuck with using Roc units.

As for the motor, it drops right in.  Wiring the cis-e is a nice all day job
but can be done with only one or two wires going back through the firewall.
You can use your existing Roc intake and exuast manifolds with minor porting
of the intake manifold for the gti throttle body, and then use the cis-e
injectors on the ends of your Roc lines.  You take the gti fuel distributor
and bolt it to the Roc upper airbox half and off ya go.  I looks stock
enough that most smog places here in CA wont even blink if you do a good job
of making the vacuum system look good.

HTH

BcH