Re: 2H/4K vs. standard 16v trans

David wrote:
Joe, if your asking which tranny is overall better,
the 2h or 4k, I would go with the 4k since the
velocity sport tuning "shim kit" can't be fitted to
the 2h.... Personally I like the more robust 16v
transaxel for a 2.0L 16v conversion, with a 3.89 final
drive and a .71 5th gear.

HTH's

David

I used to think that the 16V trannies were more
"robust" but I've never heard of anybody breaking the
smaller input shaft on an 8v tranny.  The only other
thing that I know of being different on the 16V is the
reverse mechanism supposedly being tougher by having a
bigger spring. Oooooh!  Anybody else know any more
about the "differences"?  :-)

=====
Dan May - Greensboro NC
1987 16V Scirocco
1979 Scirocco - when will it be done?
1997 Tacoma 4x4 V6 Xtracab FINALLY!!
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal Smith