big bumpers?

OK, what do you guys know about this?

I contacted someone from a web page to see if they could get mk1 Euro
bumpers. He said they could, but they were really expensive ($800.00 Ouch!).
Anyway, he suggested mounting some big bumpers. He said he had a friend that
did this and it looked great. First, I don't even know which bumpers these
are. Which cars did they come off of? Also, has anyone done this? Does it
look good? How hard is it? Do you know where I can see pics of this?

Thanks,
Todd