FAQ: Weekly question idea.....

Hello Listers...

I have been on the list for about 9 months or so.  I have been a rather
quite lister, as I really don't have alot of knowledge to offer on the
detailed repair of the Scirocco given that I have been fortunate of not
having to perform any major repairs over the nine years  that I have had
her.  Nonetheless, I am still looking to contribute.

One thing I have noticed offer the past nine months is alot of the same
questions keep appearing when new listers join....
I was thinking of maybe offering my assistance in expanding the Scirocco
list FAQ.  What I was thinking is that maybe a (bi-)weekly question could
be posted to the list and everyone could respond ) and then I would
compile all of the repsonses.....Once compiled the could be posted on the
web, or maybe even emailed to new members upon their subscription.

The questions and responses should be geared to new/unexperienced owners I
think. With that, some of the questions I was thinking of are.....

1) Whats the difference between an A1 and A2?  whats the difference
between years? what options were available?
2) Suspension : what should I do first?  (shocks, springs, sway, strut
bars)  and what brands should I consider?
3) Engine Swaps for the A1/A2 - what cars should I source?
4) Exhaust : stock (1.6, 1.8 8v, 1.8 16v, 2.0 16v), slightly modified, and
heavily modified
5) What tires to run (road/race/snow) and also what sizes can I run?
6) What to look for when buying a scirocco?
7) Interior Options (speedo, new seats, harnesses, stereo/speaker options,
gauges)
8) Recommended VW shops and suppliers (local and on the net)
9) European options (bumpers, lights, manifolds)
10) Brakes : what can I do (slotted/vented, 10.1", 11", ss lines, pads,
rotors....)
11) Clutch / Transmission: recommended upgrades, gear ratios, sources,
self-maching syndrome
12) Top Ten Bolt on Mods for the 8V/16V

Now I realize some of these questions can get rather detailed/specific....
I also  know alot of people will have different opinions...

Regardless of the level of detail or the difference in opinions I would
try and include them all.

Give me your thoughts on the idea of this weekly (bi-weekly) converstation
topic as well as any questions that you think should be asked.
Please respond to me directly at jarason@excite.com.  I'll let you know of
the general consensus later in the week.

Thanks,
Jeff Arason
81 Scirocco
01 Jetta 1.8T