Re: '81 S rear wiper question

At 08:03 AM 1/20/01 -0600, Patrick Bureau wrote:

>Oh Interesting.... hitting it once makes the rear wiper intermitent mode....
>figures I was annoyed at having to hit the rear wiper every so often to clean
>it.... *and mumbled many times about intermitent* but I checked my 85 manual
>and it does not  mention this though... But I will try it anyways...Ya never
>know it could be like a special function never told to the public before.....
>
>---extract of Owneer manual information
>
>P37 1985 Scirocco owners - manual Windsheild Wiper and washer lever
>
>Push lever to position 5 and release (push forwards on it) the wiper will
>operate two or three times.
>Push lever to position 5 and hold, both wiper andand washer will operate.
>Release Lever , the washer operation stops instantly and wiper stops after
two
>or three sweeps.
>
>----
It all depends on which relay your car has.  One of them will have it work
intermittently until you push it forward again and the other one is what
your manual describes.

John C. Worden
Wayne, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Back on the road-new Overdrive, welded transfer case and
other stuff
'86 Scirocco 8V- Soon to be for sale
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear