RE: (Tech)1.9L Head swap questions

Masun,
The 1847tt I am running is built on an EN (1715) block and is running a
modified 83-84 GTI (big valve/solid lifter) head.
The engine originally had 9.4:1 compression and with the head decked a
little it is now about 9.7:1.
If I remember correctly, the oil return passage on the GTI head had to be
welded shut and re-drilled a smaller dia. but fit as OEM otherwise.
As far as the Corrado head goes I guess you could make it fit, but what is
the advantage? (bigger valves-hydraulic head?) Have you measured the valves
on the head of the 1.9, are you sure it is an earlier head (1.6/1.7). If the
water inlet is on the passenger side of the head (near the cam sprocket
side) then it probably is, if the water jacket is on the drivers side than
it is probably a 1.8 head.
Are you sure it is 8.2:1 comp. seams kind of low for a tt motor.
If it was me, I'd source a GTI solid lifter head and use it.
GL

Randy B
81 (Mars) Scirocco S - Techtonics Tuning 1847cc 8V
81 (Cosmos) Scirocco S - future Oettinger 16V project
87 Jetta GLI 16V - daily driver