From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Neal Tovsen
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 11:13 AM
To: Chris Cavitt; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: Wheel curb rash fix/16v engine question.

Have the wheels refinished professionally. It's worth it. There's a place in
Tampa called TransWheel that does excellent work. There prices vary on the
type of repair, but we paid $150 to repair my O.Z. Monte Carlo that hit a
huge piece of iron that must have fallen off a truck. It actually put a 4"
crack in the wheel, took out a chunk of metal, and peeled the remaining
metal back like a sardine can! I didn't think it would be fixable
(somethimes they aren't), but I cannot find where the repair was on the
wheel, Scout's Honor! They matched the original paint color really well,
too.

I think they said they would charge somewhere around $70 each to fill in
curbage and repaint/refinish the wheel. Considering that Pannasports are
somewhat rare and expensive, I'd go for it.

Neal
'88 16v