Oil Leaks!

After having rebuilt the 8V in ma car, I had a leak which was remedied by
installing a rubber valve cover gasket.  For over a month, I had no problems
of oil leaks.

However, this morning I found a puddle of oil under the car.  The valve
cover doesn't appear to be leaking.  I notice some oil around the headgasket
near the tranny.  I looked underneath and saw that it dripping in three
places: between the tranny and the block.

Question: when the car sits overnight, is it possible for oil to leak out
there? I am hoping that it's the oil pan gasket.  How can one determine
definitely where's the source of the leak?

I'm trying to sort this out.  When the car sits overnight, the oil drains
into the oil pan and fills it.  Hence, oil cannot leak from the head.  It
can, however, leak from the oil pan since it begins filled and has some
extra.  Am I on the right track?  Anyone?

Sal