Re: New comer to the list with 1K's of questions

FRESH MEEEEEEEAT!  Hah HAH!

Hey, welcome, you have come to the right place.

kahikatoe@juno.com wrote:

>  Hello to all,
>
>  I am a new comer to the Scirocco List and I have a few questions;
>
>  1) I own a 1985 Scirocco according to the Vin# WVWCA053XFK002607, as far
> as I can tell;
<snip>
> 3) I ordered the Bentley from local WV dealer and am looking forward to
> it as I have other issues.
>         are there any other manuals I would really need to perform restoration
> (stock) for this model?

<snip>
> and thank you to all for any answers to my many questions...
>
> Patrick Bureau
> 85, scirocco

The Bentley is a good start, it is needed to understand and repair the
car yourself, of to know what the Mech is doing (sometimes to make sure
they are knowledgeable enough to do the job).

I'd look around for the Haynes manual as a supplement to the Bentley, it
offers a slightly different perspective, and stay away from Chilton
unless free- it is not very helpful.

There are a few books out there pertaining to the history, lots of cool
photos of interiors and such but those two repair manuals will be the
most help mechanical wise.

Foxx in a Box wrote:

>   many people don't say buy it, but for $20 (or less on e-bay), you
> might pick up a 'haynes' manual. it's good for a second opinion, but
> most people swear by the bentley. saying the 'h' word will more than
> likely start a fight.
>
> --
>  /\_/\    Foxx (in a box)

See? But the Haynes isn't controversial, it's the C word that kicks up
the dust.  :)

Your question about your car being a Bosch model is good for a chuckle,
(please don't take offense). There are Bosch parts on your car but they
are just an OEM, Original Equipment Manufacturer.

Much info can be gleaned from the <http://www.scirocco.org> web site,
esp the history and links section, check it out.

Welcome,

TBerk