Re: New comer to the list with 1K's of questions

>  1) I own a 1985 Scirocco according to the Vin# WVWCA053XFK002607, as far
> as I can tell;
>         Euro Passagenr Model, I assume this means it is a Bosh model?

  nope. euro passenger model was the standard scirocco. i've yet to find
a wvwa or wvwb scirocco out there. afaik, the 'deluxe' version was the
only version sold in north america. more likely, the 'basic', 'custom',
and 'sport' models were sold in europe if at all (something like the
'scala' might be a custom scirocco - anyone?).

>         2dr dlx Coupe , Is there a description of all options on this model?

  this has been something a number of us have been trying to research.
you might find a pamphlet which describes all the options available for
the '85, if you're lucky. you can also look at the sticker in the hatch
which will give you the various options that your car has (a/c, sunroof,
etc.). this is where we're running into problems.

>         1780cc (which is rated between 81and 100HP ,  How would I find out which
> engine I have in my car ?

  most likely it's a jh, 1.8l, 90hp motor, unless someone swapped it
out. you can check this by the code stamped on the engine (someone
please help with the exact location), i think between the 1st and 2nd
cylinders.

>         built in Onesbruek ( yet to find that city on a map ?:))
>         car # 002607 from that production line.

  iirc, the correct spelling is osnabrück. the little dots over the 'u'
is called an umlaut. when german is converted to english, the acceptable
way of spelling is to use the vowel and and an 'e'. the only exception
is 'i', where this is no umlaut (it's a french thing).

>         Driver and passenger Seats (beige)
>         Spider mag wheels center WV plugs
>         Some carpeting on the driver door (glued on I assumed) beige
>         and rubber moldings for water tight seals on the doors.

  i wish you'd been on earlier. i knew of a scirocco with pefect beige
interior. unfortunately it met it's end with a crucher. i've never seen
west virginian wheel caps, but i'm sure they're out there if you look
long enough :)  i have some weather stripping for the doors that should
work. e-me privately to discuss if you're interested.

> 3) I ordered the Bentley from local WV dealer and am looking forward to
> it as I have other issues.
>         are there any other manuals I would really need to perform restoration
> (stock) for this model?

  many people don't say buy it, but for $20 (or less on e-bay), you
might pick up a 'haynes' manual. it's good for a second opinion, but
most people swear by the bentley. saying the 'h' word will more than
likely start a fight.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com