16v Idle Problem??

Let me start by saying that I'm the lister formerly known as
haygood@hotmail.com (lfkah?).  I didn't pick Vee Dubb as a name because I'm
some VW expert or anything, but I'm only using this account to recieve and
deal with VW related mailing lists, so it sounded convenient. So hi.

My '87 16v is exhibiting some funky idle behavior, which might be normal,
for all I know.  The idle hovers noisily around 1000 to 1100 intermittently
and seems kinda wavy.  Sometimes it calms back down below 900 and becomes
quiet and even.  Can someone describe to me what the idle behaviour is
SUPPOSED to be, so I can get an idea whether or not this is a problem or
just normal.  If it doesn't sound like the right stuff, cna you suggest how
to fix it?  Someone suggested (Daun maybe?) something about cleaning the
idle stabilizer or something.  Can anyone send me some hints on how to do
this?

My new springs are slated to arrive tomorrow, and I am looking forward to
actually getting to DRIVE my Scirocco for the first time (I've driven it,
but I haven' DRIVEN it because it's HoR springs are bottoming out something
fierce).

Sincerely;
Brian Haygood

'87 Scirocco II 16v