Re: Ok then: stress bar vs sway bar

on 1/15/01 9:36 PM, Vee Dubb at scirious@hotmail.com wrote:

> Now what about those "dips and rises" you mentioned?  If both wheels go over
> a dip, they both want to travel together.  That's what the bigger anti-roll
> wants them to do, so it doesn't do anything about it.  What I'm saying is
> that an anti-roll bar won't affect what the car does when both wheels hit a
> dip or a rise in the road at the same time.  To help with that you need
> stiffer shocks and springs (to help the car regain its composure after that
> kind of disturbance).  A strut tower brace will keep the front suspension
> from feeling mushy at times like these, so a strut tower brace is your best
> bet here as well.

Well I more mean this situation:  For instance, the right side of the road
(in the US, the outside or curb side) dips, yet the middle of the road stays
fairly level.  So the passenger side dips down, and coming out of dips like
that I really feel the car "sway".  Donšt  know how to explain it any better
than a kind of "twisting" sensation that I assume is the body bending to
adjust.  Or vice versa if one side of the road has a bump in it.  Its
nothing severe like anything is wrong with the car, but at higher speeds I
can definitely feel it, occasionally in the steering.

I put new front struts on recenty, nothing performance - sorry to say this
to the list, but I"m not really into performance mods on my '84 right now
due to the budget and the weather.  I'll save my money keeping the engine
running :-)  Donšt  even know if I"m gonna add a stress bar, but I was
interested in knowing all I can know.  Thanks for the mucho info though.

Greg