[Misc] Audi 5000 - Speed Limiter?

Hey guys,
	A friend of mine is a mechanic who has an Audi 5000 that he uses for his
daily driver.  He asked me whether the car had a speed limiter at 105mph
because at that speed (and 5500rpm) his car just quits.  It feels to him
just like a limiter, where it's on/off/on/off... but he can't find any
indication that there's a speed limiter on the car.

	I told him that to the best of my knowledge, no CIS cars have speed
limiters -- but I'm wondering if any of you know something I don't.

TIA!
Jason

1987 Scirocco 16v
1988 Mercedes 190E Sport Euro