Re: I am an idiot. Please help me.(CV job)

In a message dated 1/15/01 12:16:31 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rabbit16v@prodigy.net writes:

<< Don't listen to those guys Scott.  You can put any ball back in any
 position.  This is what you do. >>

<snip very useful and thorough instructions>

Gotta agree with Dave here.  If, when you disassemble the CV, you notice wear
patterns in the tracks or galling of the ball bearings- you should buy a new
joint. But if the joint is either new or shows little wear, you can
definitely get away with just reassembling it. Use a good bearing grease like
Redline CV-2 or Swepco and you'll get good life out of them afterwards.

Good Luck- Been there myself...

Danny
81 Caddy 16V