TT downpipe installation 16v

I'm gettting a racing downpipe from Peter and plan on
installing this myself. I don't have a lift or a
grease pit, and will be driving the car up on ramps.
The bolts holding the stock downpipe are rusted and
difficult to get to in any way that will allow me to
get a good powerful grip. It looks to me like it might
be easier to start by just removing the exhaust
manifolds and let it drop down where I can get at
those bolts easier and with more power. Any
suggestions would be helpful. I would like to get
through this quick as possible with a minumum of
cursing.

Also, I was thinking it might be a good idea to
replace the old bolts and nuts with stainless steel
and brass, respectively?

=====
Jorel Jackson
1987 16v & 1985 8v Sciroccos