Re: Possible Scirocco 16v for sale- many mods

Car is Located near Birmingham, AL. Delivery available within reason for additional fee, pictures available soon.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 11:46 PM
Subject: Possible Scirocco 16v for sale- many mods

Hello List,
    I am in the midst of finishing up on a 16v Scirocco that is a project car of mine, and I am contemplating selling it. The car in question  is an 1987 Scirocco 16v, Flash Silver Metallic, Half Vinyl/velour interior, 5 speed, AC, PS, PW, PM, sunroof, AM/FM CD player, etc. The car is in the paintshop as we speak getting freshened up with new basecoat/clearcoat paint, and will be wetsanded/buffed after that. (Bumpers, mirrors, doorhandles, taillights, roof strips, lights, etc. will be removed for painting)

Details about the car -

Southern car , absolutely no rust, super straight body, never any previous damage.

Interior is excellent - from the seats to the door panels, to the carpet, dash, and headliner. No cigarette burns, no rips, tears or stains.

Car has European bumpers and headlights, as well as the left over US bumpers and headlights.

All the following mods have less than 1000 miles. As follows:

Bilstein Shocks/struts and Neuspeed race springs

New strut bearings, dustboots, and bumpstops

Neuspeed Upper front, and triangulated rear stress bar, and factory lower front bar

SS brake lines

11.0" G60 front brake conversion w/ Slotted rotors and Metalmaster pads

8.9" slotted rear brakes, Metal masterpads, and new rear wheel bearings

Poly bushings in new front A arms, and Poly rear trailing arm bushings

New rear calipers

16" DTM 5 spoke tuner wheels (Deep lip), and Nitto NT450 205/40/16's

1.8L 16v Bored and stroked to 2.0L, ARP fasteners throughout,

P&P head, Portmatched exhaust and intake manifolds

New lifters, valve seals and guides, 3 angle valve job

Euro Intake cam, and TT tuning Adj. Cam sprocket

External oil cooler with braided lines and Earl's fittings

Schrick Baffled Aluminum oil pan

New timingbelt, tensioner, waterpump, belts, and hoses

New plugs, wires, cap, rotor, filters, fluids,

New clutch and externally accessible tranny seals

rebuilt axles

new motor mounts

TT downpipe/cat. and 2 1/4" exhaust

New engine seals, gaskets, bearings, oil pump

Velocity Short shifter , and all new bushings

New windshield

New paint

CD player, 4 new 4x6's, 2 channel amp, and 1 10" sub (to be installed)

 $5000 Firm, or I'm keeping it, and going to enjoy the bejeezus out of it.

I just have too many projects, and too little time.

Contact Jeffrey W. Bynum via email if interested.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff Bynum