RE: '75 Differences: Interior/Dashboard Color?

Another major difference is the shape of the rear inner fenders.
I'm not positive on the chaneover year, 78/79, but you cannot put the rear
upper back seat from an early Mk1 into a later Mk1. This goes for the rear
carpet as well.
I believe the earlier ones were lighter also since they did not have the
rust proof stuff (name?) on them.
This is probably why the 80/81's are dime a dozen (in CA at least) and the
earlier ones are now considered VERY rare (yes, even out here in CA).

I don't know what this original thread was and who posted it, Neil?.
If you are trying to put the S type rear carpeting into a 75, you will need
to get it out of one of the early champagne? edition models, or e-mail me
and I will sell you the one I have (how I discovered the difference:-)).
Rear seat upper will have to be modified if coming from a later MK1, or
recover your early one with the later fabric.
The front carpet and front seats should fit without problems, same with
dash, etc...
Early Mk1 probably didn't have AC, so you will need to source a black non-AC
center console.
Sorry for the waste of banwidth, if I totally missed the original question.

Randy B
81 (Mars) Scirocco S - Techtonics Tuning 1847cc 8V
81 (Cosmos) Scirocco S - future Oettinger 16V project
87 Jetta GLI 16V - daily driver