Re: H4 question.

AFAIK, H4 is the basic bulb type designation, i.e. fitting/pin
configuration/number of filaments. Assuming your wiring/reflector is up to
it, you should be able to swap any H4 bulb for another H4, regardless of
wattage/gas fill/colour. Same goes for the H3 inner bulbs.
Did your lights come from the UK or mainland europe? If it was the UK, the
beam pattern would be pointing more towards the oncoming traffic as you
drive on the opposite side of the road from us.
Another possibility is - do you have the outer H4s wired correctly? H4 bulbs
are dual filament: if you have wired the high & low beam filaments the wrong
way round the beam will be too high. If you disconnect the H3 inners and, in
the dark, switch between high & low beam, it should be pretty obvious what
should be high & low on the outers.

HTH,

Ewan Hopkins