Re: [Suspension] Retrofit Upper Shock Mounts

>I gave away a set of suspension with the smaller upper Mk1 motor mounts,
>they might have been from a Dasher or Fox or something. These might be
>the ones that are easily rebuild able but I don't know. (I have new,
>normal style mounts & bushings in a box from Mr. Potter) but As I think
>about it, and since I have two A1 cars to work with I want to
>differentiate between the set up in each.
>
>Can any one refresh some light on my misc. ramblings?

Was this before or after the massive quantities of mind altering drugs
you were doing? :-)! Ha!  (ok, yeah, I'm mostly kidding about this too)

Anyway, the rebuildable ones are from very early Rabbits (like 75-76)
and Dashers.  They are a metal bottom portion that sorted looks like an
inverted bowl with a rubber (or poly) bushing inside it with a separate
metal top hat.  The strut retaining bolt goes against this top hat.
They are three to four pieces when all the inserts are removed.
I bought mine from (gasp!) Autotech years ago.

Yow, I'm in rare form tonight, somebody stop me before I kill again.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net