Re: [OT] HTML postings

Hey Mike, I understand as an AOL user you have no idea what we're
talking about.  After seeing your 'huh?' reply earlier, I fired up my
AOL thing and looked around in there a little, but couldn't find where
to change your e-mails to 'plain text'.  I'll poke around in there again
to see if I can't where to change it.  There are few disadvantages to
HTML (non plain-text) mails.  Here are a few examples.

- Most important, only plain text mails show up in the digest version,
which is frustrating for the digest subscribers since they can't read
what you are trying to share with the group.  All they see is a bunch of
symbols, letters and numbers that don't mean a damn thing.

- I'm on at least one egroups mailing list you are on.  With HTML mail,
the banners load.  With plain text, the banners show as just that -
plain text.

- Sometimes when replying to your e-mails, your e-mail won't
automatically quote to my reply, which is what is happening with this
one (notice nothing below).  This may be just a Netscrape thing, but it
wouldn't happen with plain text mails.

- HTML print is harder to read most of the time.  It comes to my e-mail
reader in very small print.

Anyone know how to send plain text mail thru AOL?  There's got to be a
way to change it.

Mike